What is SIP Trunking?
As a new business owner setting up your business communications, you must have come across the term “SIP trunking” and wondered what it was and if your business could benefit from it. Here, we will discuss the significant details of SIP trunking and its advantages so that you can make an informed decision.
SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. SIP trunking is a method of transmitting voice communications over IP. SIP usually works alongside an IP-PBX, which is a private branch exchange system boosting a company’s internal phone system with extensions.
How Does SIP Trunking Work?
SIP trunking works by sending voice, video, text, and other files to an end recipient using internet protocols. Originally, calls were connected through public switched telephone networks or PTSN cables. But, thanks to SIP trunking, we can now use IP to deliver calls as well. Because of SIP trunking, your PBX system can communicate through voice over internet protocol.
How Can SIP Trunking Boost Your Business’ Communications?
SIP trunking can do wonders for your office’s phone system in a number of ways. It can help you communicate better internally as well as externally. In other words, within the office, and with your customers. And, you can expand your network and reach by connecting with prospects from all over the world, thanks to virtual communication lines. From small businesses to large enterprises, everyone is switching to SIP trunking and VoIP systems for many reasons. Here are some examples.
1. Affordability: SIP trunking is relatively inexpensive, compared to traditional phone lines. Furthermore, you will be getting high-quality service for a reasonable rate through a more stable connection. And this is significant because you will be using this connection to transfer important business files and information.
2. Flexibility: You can run multiple virtual lines simultaneously because SIP trunks host unlimited channels. They are sold in smaller quantities making them easy to set up and use.
3. Mobility: You can carry your service with you. For example, if you need to close up shop and relocate your business to a new location. Being able to take your communications with you, without worrying about losing important data or becoming inaccessible, is one less thing for you to worry about.
4. Advanced communication tools: Access to premium communication features and tools. United World Telecom offers:
- Call recording
- Outbound calling with customizable caller ID
- SMS plans
- Call forwarding
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- PBX, and lots more
5. Global coverage: SIP trunking can help you connect with prospects from neighboring cities, states, and countries with virtual local, international, and toll free numbers. Use an international call forwarding service to route calls over the internet to avoid international calling fees.
6. Improved scalability: organize, add, and manage your lines as needed and based on your business’ requirements. One of the most attractive benefits of SIP trunking is scalability.
Change the Way You Communicate
Business is all about evolution and adaptation to change. This is necessary if you want to succeed. To learn more about SIP trunking and how you can get started, speak with one of our experts or call us at 1 (877) 898 8646 today.