United World Telecom offers Voicemail and Voice-to-Email with each of our virtual phone number plans. You can use and activate these features from within the Control Panel. Use our Voicemail and Voicemail-to-Email features to:
- Access voicemails from your computer, mobile, or fixed phone
- Send messages to your email inbox as MP3 files.
- Integrate with any operating systems
- Save your messages as MP3 files on your desired devices or upload them to the cloud for future reference.
Voicemail & Voicemail-to-Email
Voicemail is a free feature included with our call forwarding service. When activated, your voicemail will answer calls if your existing phone is busy or does not answer. For example: If one of your callers in the United Kingdom contacts your local phone number at +44 2036086747 and your business isn’t available to take the call, your voicemail will greet your caller and record his message. Callers can then leave a voicemail will is stored in your voicemail inbox. You can access this inbox through the Control Panel and listen to voicemail messages as needed.
What is Voicemail-to-Email and How Does it Work?
Voicemail-to-email — also known as virtual voicemail — is a feature that sends your business voicemail messages to your email. This lets you hear the message even if you are not in the office or near your office phone. You can enter desired email addresses to automatically forward incoming voicemails to those addresses. When callers leave voicemails, these recipients will receive an email with a .mp3 file of the voicemail. They can then play and hear this voicemail message on any device where they receive emails.
How Can I Access and Listen to My Voicemails?
Once your voicemail is set up, our voicemail system will automatically save your messages from incoming callers in an easily accessible location. You can listen to your messages in three ways:
- Listen to voicemails via the online Control Panel
In the Control Panel, you can listen, download, delete, or mark messages as read or unread.
- Listen to voicemails via email
Voicemail-to-email forwarding provides an easy way to listen to your messages through your preferred devices. Select the email with the voicemail and click on the attachment. The voicemail inbox window will open. Click the ‘Play’ button to listen to the desired message.
Note: all voicemail messages will remain in your inbox until you delete them.
The United World Telecom Voicemail-to-Email feature affords you the convenience of listening to voice messages from your office, home, or mobile phone. Or, you can have your voicemails automatically sent to your email address as an audio file. When required, you can also activate the ‘Do Not Disturb’ option to automatically send every call to your voicemail.
How to Activate the Voicemail and Voicemail-to-Email Features?
To activate your voicemail for any phone line with United World Telecom:
- Log in to your online Control Panel.
- Click My Phone Numbers on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click the Settings icon on the line that you would like to modify.
- Select Call Forwarding from the horizontal menu and then Voicemail from the sub menu.
- Toggle the Voicemail: ON button to activate voicemail.
- On the right side, you can Upload or Record audio for the Line is Busy and Unavailable / Missed Call messages.
- Click Save Changes.
To deliver voicemails to emails:
- Under the Voicemail toggle button, add the different desired email addresses to forward incoming voicemails to those emails.
- Click Save Changes.