Read Voicemails as Text Messages
The Voicemail Transcription feature is a premium feature that transcribes incoming voicemail messages into a text format. This means, you can read, download, and share voicemail messages as text messages. This feature is also called Visual Voicemail and Voicemail-to-Text.
By leveraging AI and machine learning, this feature has an accuracy level of over 90% in terms of detecting and transcribing more than 55 languages and accents, including French, German, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, etc. Use this feature to:
- Quickly scan through messages
- Read voicemail messages on-the-go
- Prepare for outbound calls better
- Increase accessibility, and more.
What is Voicemail Transcription and How Does it Work?
United World Telecom customers can turn this feature on for each phone line in the Control Panel.
Then, when callers leave voicemails on your phone line, these voicemails will automatically be transcribed into text. You can then view or download your voicemail transcripts directly from the Control Panel. Or, you can configure and automatically forward voicemail recordings and transcripts to preferred email addresses by using our Voicemail-to-Email feature.
Benefits of Visual Voicemail
Here are some key benefits of the Visual Voicemail or Voicemail Transcription feature:
- Quickly scan through text in emails
- No need to play audio files
- Streamline their outbound calling efforts
- Prioritize which calls to return first.
- Forward voicemails to emails and access them anywhere
- Download and view transcripts on preferred platforms
- Share voicemails with relevant team members
- Read when you cannot listen
- Filter spam or unwanted calls
How to Turn On Voicemail Transcriptions
1. Once logged in, click on My Phone Numbers and hover over your desired phone line.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Then, select the Call Forwarding tab and under that, click on Voicemail.
4. Here, you will see the Transcription button, click on it to turn on Voicemail Transcription.
Once the feature is turned on, you can view voicemail transcripts in your Control Panel or add email addresses to automatically receive voicemail recordings and transcripts.
How to View Voicemail Transcripts
You can view voicemail transcripts by sending them to your email inbox (as shown above) or in your Control Panel.
1. Once logged into the Control Panel, click on My Phone Numbers and hover over your desired phone line.
2. Click on the Voicemail Inbox icon.
3. On the new page, you can listen, view, and download voicemail recordings and transcripts.
Note: If you have opted for Voicemail-to-Email, designated email recipients will receive an email with the audio recording and the transcript in text format.
Want to learn more about our voicemail features? Speak with our representatives or contact your account manager. Call us at 1 (877) 898 8646!