With advancements in technology, businesses now offer more ways of communication. And so, customers come to expect phone, email, chat, and SMS as ways to connect with a company they are interested in. SMS messaging opens up yet another avenue for easy communication between your employees and customers.
What is SMS Forwarding?
SMS forwarding is a premium service feature from United World Telecom which forwards incoming SMS messages from a virtual phone number to any email address, worldwide. In other words, your customers can send SMS or text messages to your business that you receive in preset email inboxes. By offering SMS to your customers, you further increase accessibility, making it easier and more convenient for interested customers to connect with you.
Here’s a breakdown of how SMS Forwarding works:
- Someone sends your teams an SMS to an assigned virtual business number.
- The assigned number automatically forwards the SMS to the email on file.
- Your teams can now read the text message via email.
How it Works
Subscribers can purchase an SMS-enabled virtual phone number with United World Telecom to receive incoming text messages from customers within the country they select. SMS forwarding then sends or forwards incoming text messages to any email address, chosen and set by the subscriber. Note that this feature is only available for business accounts and users can add up to 2 emails for forwarding.
Users can quickly update or adjust SMS forwarding details through our online Control Panel. Use SMS forwarding alongside our other telephony features such as IVR, direct inward dialing, and international call forwarding.
Benefits of Using SMS with Customers
So, why should your business consider investing in this feature? Here are the top reasons why companies benefit from using an SMS tool:
- Makes your business more mobile-friendly.
- Stays current with customer service trends.
- Makes your business more accessible and easily reachable by offering an additional channel of communication.
- Attracts more customers with a convenient customer service option.
- Receives text messages from customers in different countries for your SMS-capable number.
- Improves the way you correspond with customers.
Countries United World Telecom Currently Offers Forwarding Services
|Ukraine||United Kingdom||United States|
How To Get SMS Forwarding:
- Sign up for a new number here on our website. Check if the number is SMS-capable; it will be mentioned near the number type.
- When viewing rates and selecting a plan, select SMS Forwarding as an add-on premium service.
- Complete your purchase and checkout.
- Log in to your account in the Control Panel and set up SMS messages to be forwarded from your virtual number to designated email addresses.