What is SMS Forwarding
SMS forwarding is a premium service feature from United World Telecom which forwards incoming SMS messages from a virtual phone number to any email address, worldwide. In other words, customers can send SMS or text messages to a business and the business receives these messages in their email inbox. By offering SMS to your customers, you further increase accessibility, making it easier and convenient for interested customers to connect with you.
How It Works
Subscribers can purchase an SMS-enabled virtual phone number with United World Telecom to receive incoming text messages from customers within the country they select. SMS forwarding then sends or forwards incoming text messages to any email address, chosen and set by the subscriber.
With advancements in technology, businesses now offer more ways of communication. And so, customers come to expect email, chat, and SMS as ways to connect with a company they are interested in. SMS messaging opens up yet another avenue for easy communication between your employees and customers.
Users can quickly update or adjust SMS forwarding details through our online Control Panel. You can access detailed reports of SMS messages by logging in to your account. Use these reports for record-keeping or gathering data about your customers.
Our SMS forwarding service is constantly being upgraded, so you can expect to see more service features added over time. Current features to enhance this service include IVR, direct inward dialing, and international forwarding.
Benefits of Using SMS with Customers
So, why should your business consider investing in this feature? Here are the top reasons why companies benefit from using an SMS tool:
- Make your business more mobile-friendly.
- Stay current with customer service trends.
- Make your business more accessible and easily reachable by offering an additional channel of communication.
- Attract more customers with a convenient customer service option.
- Receive text messages from customers in different countries for your SMS-capable number.
- Improve the way you correspond with customers.
Countries United World Telecom Currently Offers Forwarding Services
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States
How To Get SMS Forwarding:
- Sign up for a new number here on our website. Check if the number is SMS-capable; it will be mentioned near the number type.
- When viewing rates and selecting a plan, select SMS Forwarding as an add-on premium service.
- Complete your purchase and checkout.
- Log in to your account in the Control Panel and set up SMS messages to be forwarded from your virtual number to designated email addresses.