A toll free number is an 800 number typically used for business. These numbers allow for a convenient way to call long distance. Additionally, they provide businesses with a way to offer a completely free option for customers to reach out to them. Regardless of your reasons for needing one, you’ll need to know how to get a toll free number to begin using one. So, to help, we’ve come up with step-by-step instructions on getting your very own 800 number.
1. Determine Your Needs for a Toll Free Number
You can use toll free numbers for a number of things. However, a toll number is typically used as a business phone line. These numbers can help to make business better by:
- Eliminating long distance fees. Customers can call businesses from anywhere in the country and world, as calls from these types of numbers are always considered local.
- Can work for remote offices: Since they can be added to internet phone systems and even to mobile phones, they’re a great choice for businesses with remote employees.They’re recognizable and memorable: Toll free numbers are typically 1-800 numbers that can be used to help with branding efforts, as they’re easier to recognize and remember. Plus, you can choose your own vanity number to give your number a personalized, professional touch.
2. Figure out Which Features You’ll Need
Are you going to want your toll number to be able to take voicemail recordings? Do you want to offer customers the chance to hear a pre-recorded greeting before reaching their representative? Do you want voice messages to be sent in written form as text messages or directly to your email inbox? Depending on what you want your toll free number to do, you’ll need to determine the features you need before choosing your toll free number and selecting your provider.
3. Selecting Your Toll Free Number Provider
Choosing your toll number provider will depend on your financial budget and the features you’ll need. Global phone service providers like United World Telecom can set you up with mobile toll free business numbers that come with any and all the advanced features you’ll need. And, offer them at a great, affordable price.
4. Choosing Your Toll Free Number
Because they are customizable, you can choose your own number. This gives you an edge, as you can select a number that associates with your business, services, branding, and goods. So, rather than offering your consumers a random phone number, give them one to remember by using the letters associated with each telephone keypad number. For example, if you repair cars for a living, choose a number like 800-AUT-OFIX.
5. Checking Toll Free Number Availability
Even though you may already have a toll free number in mind that makes it memorable for your consumers, you have to first see if it’s available. Your toll number service provider will be able to tell you if the number you want is already taken or not. But, remember, there are more options for toll numbers other than 800, as you can also choose the variations 855, 866, 877, and 888 as well. So, even if your number isn’t available with 800, you can still keep the last 7 digits and choose from the other options instead.
6. Designating the Phone Number to a Business Phone Line
When you’ve determined the number you want and its availability, you can finally decide which phone to route the number to. Certainly, this can be any mobile device. They can route to other business phone systems as well, like cloud systems, VoIP systems, and multiple line systems. After you’ve selected the line your toll number is routed to, you can start to dial out and receive calls from this number. And, provide your customers with a free way to reach you.
Getting Your Toll Free Number Today
Now you know how to get a toll free number for your business. So, if you’re certain that they can help to provide a professional touch to your business, find out more about all of the features to choose from on United World Telecom’s website. And, contact us today to get started on the process of selecting your own business phone number today.