Have you ever wondered how cloud computing and phone-based telecommunications work? If so, this article will bring you up to speed and show you how you can get a cloud-based phone system for your business.
Cloud-Based Phone Systems
A cloud phone system is a telecommunications system that’s hosted in the cloud. This means that data is stored in a secure server which you can reach over the internet. A cloud phone system replaces traditional landline phone systems, and is typically hosted by a 3rd-party provider such as United World Telecom. With modern speeds and functionalities developing every day, traditional ways of communicating by phone (answering machine messages, phone bills, extensive wiring, and cabling, etc.) are supplanted by a cloud phone system that facilitates calls and stores data digitally. Because of this immense paradigm shift in telecommunications, cloud-based phone systems are revolutionizing how businesses operate.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Phone Systems
Now that you understand what a cloud-based phone system is, let’s look at the many benefits of them for business.
- Cost Savings: When compared to typical PBX systems, cloud PBX’s are substantially cheaper than traditional landlines. This means that your small business or startup can sound as professional as a Fortune 500 company at a far lower price.
- Ease of Integration: One of the greatest benefits that comes from a cloud based phone system is how easy it is to integrate into your company’s legacy hardware. Any device that has audio capabilities and the ability to reach the Internet can be used as part of the system. Because the system doesn’t require any wire rerouting or technical know-how, cloud-based phone systems are a cinch to set up.
- Time Savings: Because of their ease of integration and minimal setup, cloud-based phone systems can save you significant amounts of time — time that normally bogs down businesses as they work to retrofit traditional phone system hardware and software. Instead, United World Telecom’s cloud based phone system comes with an intuitive dashboard that makes training time absolutely minimal for employees and staff.
- Remote Capabilities: The key advantage of the cloud is the fact that it’s always there. This opens up new possibilities for on-the-go entrepreneurs that need to run their businesses remotely. This means that you can simply connect a cloud phone system to your mobile phones and devices so you don’t have to be chained to a desk or at your office to modify how your phone system operates.
- Scalability: Every business model is different, so cloud-based phone systems are scalable depending on your business’ needs. As your business grows and becomes more streamlined, you can add more functionalities to further augment how your business operates. For instance, you may want a toll-free phone number once your business gains a sizeable market share in your target market.
- This is only possible with cloud-based phone systems, where the process is easy and takes only a few minutes to add new numbers at United World Telecom.
- Advanced Features: As the cloud evolves, today’s cloud phone systems come with a variety of advanced features you can integrate into your business for greater functionality and a more versatile business. These include such advanced features as adding multiple extensions, SMS management, voicemail, call forwarding, business SMS, call recording, and many others.
- Features of Cloud-Based Phone Systems
- Most typical cloud based phone systems have a number of components that make up how you communicate. These include:
Call Forwarding: Because calls aren’t bound to a particular location, your cloud phone system forwards calls to your support staff, employees, customer service department, development team, or anywhere else that you need to open lines of communication internally.
- Message Management: Cloud phone systems offer the ability to manage their SMS messages, voicemails, and more — something that traditional landline systems fail at providing access to (or at least easy access to).
- Voicemail: Cloud-based systems allow your business to record your own voicemail message and directory, set up multiple voicemails (for key staff members and departments), read voicemails online, and many more functions. With many traditional phone systems, setup is usually a one-size-fits-all approach, where customization takes lots of time and effort to get it right for your business model.
- Business SMS: Text messages are one of the best ways for your organization to stay in contact, as well as reach out to potential customers and clients in a passive way.
- Phone Options: Depending on your preference, you can use traditional phones in your office, or you have the ability to go fully mobile and set up cell phones to receive calls with a cloud-based phone system.
Getting a Cloud Based Phone System with United World Telecom
Now that you’re aware of why a cloud-based phone system would be right for your business, how do you get one?
First, visit https://www.unitedworldtelecom.com to view a list of features that United World Telecom has to offer. Because business models vary and there is the ability to customize the cloud-based phone system to your needs, there’s room for creativity to tailor it to your needs. For some, you may just want to start with a toll free number to add a professional appeal to your business (best of all, it comes with a free trial). For more extensive systems, you can speak with a company representative 24/7 to ensure that your business sets up a cloud-based system.