Have you ever wondered how cloud computing and phone-based telecommunications work? If so, this article will bring you up to speed and show you how you can get a cloud-based phone system for your business.
Cloud-Based Phone Systems
A cloud phone system is a telecommunications system hosted in the cloud. This means storing data in a secure server that you can reach over the internet. A cloud phone system replaces traditional landline phone systems, and is typically hosted by a 3rd-party provider such as United World Telecom. With modern speeds and functionalities developing every day, traditional ways of communicating by phone (answering machine messages, phone bills, extensive wiring, and cabling, etc.) are supplanted by a cloud phone system that facilitates calls and stores data digitally. Because of this immense paradigm shift in telecommunications, cloud-based phone systems are revolutionizing how businesses operate.
Features of Cloud-Based Phone Systems
Most typical cloud-based phone systems have a number of components that make up how you communicate. These include:
- Call Forwarding: Because calls route virtually, your cloud phone system forwards calls to your support staff, employees, customer service department, development team, or anywhere else that you need to open lines of communication internally.
- Message Management: Cloud phone systems offer the ability to manage their SMS messages, voicemails, and more — something that traditional landline systems fail at providing access to (or at least easy access to).
- Voicemail: Cloud-based systems allow your business to record your own voicemail message and directory, set up multiple voicemails (for key staff members and departments), read voicemails online, and many more functions. With many traditional phone systems, a setup is usually a one-size-fits-all approach, where customization takes lots of time and effort to get it right for your business model.
- Business SMS: Text messages are one of the best ways for your organization to stay in contact, as well as reach out to potential customers and clients in a passive way.
- Phone Options: Depending on your preference, you can use traditional phones in your office, or you have the ability to go fully mobile and set up cell phones to receive calls with a cloud-based phone system.
6 Benefits of Cloud-Based Phone Systems
Now that you understand what a cloud-based phone system is, let’s look at the many benefits for business.
1. Cost Savings
When compared to typical PBX systems, cloud PBX’s are substantially cheaper than traditional landlines. This means that your small business or startup can sound as professional as a Fortune 500 company at a far lower price.
2. Ease of Integration
One of the greatest benefits that comes from a cloud-based phone system is how easy it is to integrate into your company’s legacy hardware. Any device that has audio capabilities and the ability to reach the Internet can be used as part of the system. Because the system doesn’t require any wire rerouting or technical know-how, you can set up cloud-based phone systems effortlessly.
3. Time Savings
Because of their ease of integration and minimal setup, cloud-based phone systems can save you significant amounts of time. This is the time that normally bogs down businesses as they work to retrofit traditional phone system hardware and software. Instead, United World Telecom’s cloud-based phone system comes with an intuitive dashboard that makes training time absolutely minimal for employees and staff.
4. Remote Capabilities
The key advantage of the cloud is the fact that it’s always there. This opens up new possibilities for on-the-go entrepreneurs that need to run their businesses remotely. This means simply connecting your devices within the cloud phone system. This way, you don’t have to be chained to your office desk.
Every business model is different, so cloud-based phone systems are scalable depending on your business’ needs. As your business grows and becomes more streamlined, you can add more functionalities to further augment how your business operates. For instance, you may want a toll-free phone number once your business gains a sizeable market share. You can quickly get add this toll free number to your cloud phone system. No set-up fees. no long processing times!
6. Advanced Features
Today’s cloud phone systems come with a variety of advanced features. These include adding multiple extensions, SMS management, voicemail, call forwarding, business SMS, call recording, and many others. You can integrate these features into your business for greater functionality and a more versatile business.
Getting a Cloud-Based Phone System with United World Telecom
Now that you’re aware of why a cloud-based phone system would be right for your business, how do you get one?
First, check out the many features that United World Telecom has to offer. Business models vary and there is a need to customize the cloud-based phone system. With such systems, there’s room for creativity to tailor it to your needs. You may just want to start with a toll free number to add a professional appeal to your business. For more extensive systems, speak with a company representative to ensure that your business sets up a cloud-based system.