You may be wondering if virtual business phone numbers may be good for your business. The answer is yes. Over the years, United World Telecom has worked with business owners from thousands of different types of businesses.
Are Virtual Business Phone Numbers Right for Me?
It really doesn’t matter what industry you are in; virtual business phone numbers will always benefit your business. Let’s look at just a few examples:
Real Estate: When you work in real estate, you know exactly how important it is not to miss a call. A lost call can mean a lost sale, which translates to a drop in income. Let’s say you are out showing your properties to a prospective client and your phone rings and you are unable to take the call. One of the great features of virtual business phone numbers is that you can have your voicemail emailed to you. That way you can keep up with your messages, and you know exactly who has called.
- Law Firms: As an attorney you are constantly on the go, meeting with clients and attending court hearings. Your clients expect a lot of you and need to be able to reach you at all times. Virtual business phone numbers can become your best friends because you can have your calls routed to you wherever you are. If there’s no one in the office to answer your landline, you can have calls routed to your cell phone or your partner’s phone. It’s simple and your clients will still only have to use one number.
- Building Contractors: During your average workday, you’re probably not in the same place for a great length of time. When you are on site, you’re busy overseeing projects. On top of that, you are receiving calls all day from construction workers, suppliers, and clients. In this situation, virtual business phone numbers can be very helpful because you can subscribe to several different numbers. You can have one number for clients, one for workers, and one for suppliers. That way, you will always know what to expect from your calls, and you can prioritize them.
- Restaurants: One of the most common customer complaints to restaurants is that they are unable to get through to book a reservation. Unanswered calls, busy signals, and staff who are rushed off their feet can cost you customers. However, virtual business phone numbers can come to the rescue in three ways: you can have a separate virtual number for booking reservations and have calls directed to a specific number which will always be answered, you can use convenient voicemail to email features, and you can use a call answering service.
There are many other industries in which virtual business numbers very quickly make themselves invaluable, such as:
- Marketing companies
- Software companies
- Freelance writers
- Print shops
- Beauty salons
- Graphic design firms
- Non-profit organizations
Advanced Features for Virtual Business Phone Numbers
United World Telecom business phone numbers offer a wide range of advanced features including:
- Call recording: Use this feature to make sure your company is offering the best in customer service, to help train your staff, and to settle any customer disputes.
- Unlimited extensions: Simplify the functioning of your virtual business phone numbers with extensions. They help get your customer connected to the person or department they need as quickly as possible.
- Advanced IVR/PBX Option: Having advanced interactive voice response gives you the ability to rely on a customizable computer greeting to receive and direct incoming calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Time of day routing: This feature enables you to have incoming calls routed to specific phone numbers depending on the time of day. It can also be used to direct calls to multiple numbers at certain times of the day.
- Failover forwarding: Program multiple phone numbers by using Tier1 carriers. If the first number on the list is unanswered, the call will be rerouted to the next number. You’ll never miss a call.
- Voicemail and fax to email: A missed call doesn’t have to become a missed opportunity. All your voicemails can be sent to your email as an MP3 file. Similarly, your faxes can be sent to email as an attachment which may be saved as a TIFF, PDF, or XPS file.
- Local ringback tone: This is the signal tone that callers hear while they are waiting to be connected. Local ringback tones allow you to choose from unique ringtones around the world.
Don’t forget; this is just a sample of industries which are successfully using virtual business phone numbers. United World Telecom is helping hundreds more. Contact them today to find out how virtual business phone numbers can help your industry.