Egypt is located in North Africa. It is bordered by the Gaza Strip and Israel in the north-east, the Sudan in the south, the Red Sea in the east, and the Mediterranean Sea in the north. It is Africa’s third most populated country even though only a little over 5 percent of the land area is inhabitable.
Egypt is famous for its Nile River which runs through the Sahara and Western Deserts. The desert areas are very sparsely populated, with very small communities surrounded by oases such as Dakhla, Bahariya, and Siwa. The Nile is the world’s strongest river. It enters Egypt from Sudan and travels north some 960 miles before flowing into the Mediterranean Sea.
Egyptians are renowned for their high value of the family, in fact, it is considered to be the most significant unit within Egyptian society. This is reflected in the important role of kinship throughout all social relations. It is common for both nuclear and extended family members to be employed within all aspects of the family business.
Esteem and respect for other people are considered to be an obligation and a right. An individual’s honor is considered to be directly related to the overall honor of the family. Such honor requires that Egyptians are hospitable to friends and guests at all times. It is also important to show respect to elders within the family and the community.
Industry in Egypt
There are six major sectors of industry in Egypt. These encompass:
- Agriculture: Agriculture and related industries have been an important part of Egyptian industry since the early 90s. It currently employs around 37 percent of the Egyptian population.
- Consumer Electronics: There are few countries in Africa which manufacture domestic appliances and Egypt is one of them. The country’s leading manufacturer of domestic goods is the Olympia Group.
- Automobiles: The El Nasr Automotive Manufacturing Company is a focal point of Egypt’s automobile industry. This state-owned company produced automobiles under license from brands such as Kia, Peugeot, and Chrysler LLC.
- Steel: Egypt is home to Africa’s largest steel industry. It is also the largest in the middle east. Their largest steel producer is EZDK.
- Construction: Egypt’s construction sector has been booming since the late 90s. Their largest construction contractor is Orascom Construction Industries.
- Information Technology: This sector is continuing to develop. Several Egyptian IT companies outsource projects for EU and US companies.
Doing Business in Egypt
Egypt virtual phone numbers make it easy to expand a US company to the Middle East because you don’t have to set up a physical office there. When you subscribe to Egypt virtual phone numbers, you get local or toll free numbers in the Egyptian city or cities of your choice. You can use these numbers on your website, print ads, emails, and customer newsletters.
When one of your customers makes a call from Egypt, they have the convenience of dialing a local number, with no long-distance fees or complicated international dialing codes. They will even hear a local ringback tone while they are waiting for their call to be connected.
This benefits your customers and your business because customers are much more likely to make a call if they know the number is toll free. They will also have more confidence in your company because it will appear to them that you are located in Egypt.
Benefits of Egypt Virtual Phone Numbers
There are many advantages to having Egypt virtual phone numbers, wherever you are in the world. Here are just a few of them.
- Flexibility: Because Egypt virtual phone numbers are not directly linked to a telephone line, you can have your calls routed to any number you like. It can be your smartphone, your home line, your office landline, your VoIP, or your customer call center. You can change the number or numbers as often as you like to suit your needs.
- Affordability: Egypt virtual phone numbers allow you to expand your company overseas without having to set up an office or hire employees in Egypt. At the same time, you will expand your customer base and increase your prospects. There is no need to purchase additional hardware; you can even use your existing phone. And you don’t need to spend money on expensive software because you can control your numbers via an easy-to-use online console.
- Convenience: With Egypt virtual phone numbers you’ll never miss a call. Even when you are not available to answer, you can have calls routed to other numbers, so your employees can take care of business. With virtual numbers from United World Telecom, you can have your calls routed to several numbers at the same time so that they will all ring until someone picks up.
Contact United World Telecom today to find out more about how you can expand your business overseas with Egypt virtual phone numbers and virtual international phone numbers.