How to Get Canadian Virtual Numbers
Begin by navigating to United World Telecom’s homepage at https://www.unitedworldtelecom.com. There, you’ll find a list of different types of phone numbers. Select the appropriate one and you’ll be redirected to the next webpage where you’ll see a number of dropdown menus. There, you’ll find two categories of menus:
- “Select Your New Phone Number” – which is the Canadian virtual number your calls will be routed through
- “Enter Your Destination Phone Number” – which is the destination phone number where your calls will be routed to
- You’ll want to select “Canada (+1),” then select the type of phone number from the dropdown menu below, choosing either:
- Toll Free (with the option to select the prefix)
- Universal Toll Free (UIFN)
- Geographic (region-based, with options to select individual cities/towns):
- Alberta (SMS Optional)
- British Columbia (SMS Optional)
- Manitoba (SMS Optional)
- New Brunswick (SMS Optional)
- Newfoundland and Labrador (SMS Optional)
- Nova Scotia (SMS Optional)
- Ontario (SMS Optional)
- Quebec (SMS Optional)
- Saskatchewan (SMS Optional)
At this point, you’ll either be able to choose a phone number from the last dropdown menu or one will be provided upon activation.
Next, you’ll enter your destination phone number, including the country code and remaining digits. Then press the button below, “View Rates & Try for Free” to compare the various plans available.
After you’ve selected a free trial or a plan that works for your business, the next step is to select from the various add-ons that United World Telecom offers—as well as the option to get “outbound calling,” which allows your business to use your Canadian virtual number to contact customers and clients in Canada (and elsewhere). The advantage is that the recipient’s caller ID will show your Canadian virtual number, not a string of digits.
At this point, the process is fairly straightforward. You’ll enter your contact information, payment and billing information, review your purchase, review the terms and conditions, and submit your order. Within 24 hours or less, your new Canadian virtual number will be available for use.
Stats About Canada
Now that you’re up to speed on Canadian virtual numbers and how to get them from United World Telecom, let’s look at why businesses are choosing to do business in Canada.
First, Canada represents one of the most stable economies in the world, which makes it attractive for business. Additionally, cities like Toronto and Montreal host startup incubators to attract new business as part of the Canadian entrepreneurial spirit. In a 2018 survey conducted by the World Bank, Canada was ranked 18th of 189 countries for its Ease of Doing Business. Additionally, Canada has a low corporate tax rate and trade agreements with a number of prominent countries in Europe — which makes it an attractive choice for foreign investors. Furthermore, the nation’s proximity to the United States offers many trade opportunities.
It’s for these reasons and more that using Canadian virtual numbers can mean the difference between remaining competitive in the future. By leveraging Canadian virtual numbers from United World Telecom, you can quickly expand your business by subscribing today.