Are you looking for info on how to get a call forwarding number for your business or for personal use? If so, read on! The following article will cover the details needed to learn what a call forwarding number is and how to get a call forwarding number today.
What is a Call Forwarding Number?
If you are interested in how to get a call forwarding number, it’s important to learn exactly what call forwarding numbers are. As an increasingly popular service among organizations and individuals, call forwarding enables you to establish an authentic presence anywhere in the world by leveraging Internet-based technologies (like cloud computing and VoIP).
Essentially, calls made to and from a particular phone number (known as the aptly-titled “destination phone number”) are routed through the Internet and processed immediately for both the caller and the recipient. The process is seamless and immediate; callers dialing your call forwarding number interpret the call as if it were a “normal” phone number — not something processed through the cloud. On the other hand, when you call outbound from your call forwarding number, the recipient will have your call forwarding number appear on their caller ID — not the destination phone number. This allows your business to gain a virtual business presence in markets of your choosing around the world.
For instance, if your business was based in Texas but you wanted to appeal to New York City markets, you could use a New York City call forwarding number with the corresponding area code to entice customers and clients to reach your business. Vice versa, if you wanted to attract New York City-based clients to your business, you could simply advertise your call forwarding number and have those inbound calls forwarded to your Texas-based business. This example can be expanded worldwide, as the cloud allows instantaneous connection anywhere there is internet connection.
Types of Call Forwarding Numbers
Call forwarding numbers come in a variety of different types, each with their own specific uses:
- Local call forwarding numbers can give your business an authentic business presence, as local customers feel confident that they’re dealing with a local company.
- Toll free numbers allow your company to offer free ways to get in touch with your business; similarly, ITFS numbers can extend this toll free status to other countries, which domestic toll free numbers cannot do.
- Vanity numbers bring an eye-catching advertising edge to your business, where area-specific advertisements (i.e. radio, billboards, television) can be funneled back to your business based in another part of the world.
- Furthermore, call forwarding numbers have a host of benefits thanks to the add-ons and features made possible by this evolving technology. This includes the ability to:
- Route calls to different phone numbers based on the time of day (“time of day routing”)
- Allow individual inbound phone calls to ring multiple workstations or devices that are linked to a single phone number (“simultaneous ringing”)
- Direct callers through a directory system (“IVR/PBX”)
- Create extensions to reach particular departments and staff members (“extensions”)
- Enable mobile-device users to instantly reach your business by clicking on a web link (“call me click”)
And many other uses, which can be creatively leveraged to accommodate your unique business model.
How to Get a Call Forwarding Number with United World Telecom
If you’re looking to learn how to get a call forwarding number with United World Telecom, the process is easy. Here are the steps for how to get a call forwarding number:
- First, begin by visiting www.unitedworldtelecom.com.
- On the home page, you’ll find a list of options to choose from, including “Toll Free Numbers,” “Local Numbers,” and so forth. Click on the desired call forwarding number type.
- Next, you’ll choose the country from a dropdown menu underneath the heading “Select Your New Phone Number,” where your call forwarding number will be based.
- Below the country of your choice, you’ll select a number type (results are available based on availability). If you select a “Geographic” phone number type, another dropdown menu will appear with a list of cities and geographic regions to choose from.
- Underneath this menu, you’ll be provided a list of available phone numbers. (Note: Some call forwarding phone numbers will be provided on activation.)
- The next step is to provide the destination phone number where calls will be forwarded to, filling in the relevant information with the dropdown menus. This includes the country code, area/region code, and remaining digits.
- At this point, you can select a free trial to experience how call forwarding numbers work for your business or you can skip that altogether by clicking on the “View Rates & Try For Free” button.
- Next, you can choose the plans that fit your business model (“Basic,” “Value,” “Power,” “Premium,” and “Enterprise” plans), Optional Features to add to your call forwarding number, and Outbound Calling.
- Then you’ll enter in your information, including:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Account Type (“Business/Business Name” or “Personal”)
- Finalize the process by reading the Terms and Conditions. Once you understand the terms and conditions, click on the checkbox for “I agree to the Terms and Conditions.”
- Last, click on the button below to bring you to the checkout screen, where you have the option to “Add More Numbers” or “Checkout Now,” where you’ll enter all of your account information.
That concludes the process of how to get a call forwarding number. It is a simple and straightforward process, enabling you to have the communication services you need in a relatively short amount of time. Once you purchase, you’ll be able to begin using your call forwarding number typically within a few hours.